[pct-l] Hiking with Disabilities

In a message dated 11/7/2001 3:24:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
SnoLepard@aol.com writes:

> Hasn't there been a successful thruhike of the AT by a blind man?

Yes, Bill Irwin, back in the early 90's with his dog Orient.  He wrote a book
Blind Courage and by most accounts is a good read.

> And as to what Brian Robinson may or may not have said to the press, what
> the
> heck does the article have to do with it. He may have spent an hour
> passionately pleading the case of wilderness preservation for all we know.

Excellent point and he very well may have, but I for one, don't see why it's
supposed Brian's sole responsibilty to create trail awareness.  Afterall,
they are thousands of people that hike the trails,  so why was Brian singled
out, why is it his responsibilty?

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html