[pct-l] Transcontinental Trail

Montedodge@aol.com wrote:

>  Carl wrote that no Trancontinental Trail exists. Talk about a small world,
> Ron Strictland( Author and founder of " The Pacific Northwest Trail" lives
> less than a mile away I have just learned! We were discussing this very thing
> when Ron told me of his new route with is over 6,500 miles long from the
> Pacific to Atlantic Ocean. The trail begins with the Pacifc Northwest Trail
> ( which is 1,200 miles long ) and ties into the CDT for aways, then eastward
> onto other existing trails.

I don't know about other portions, but it sounds like you're talking about the trails which connect with the Finger Lakes Trail ( http://www.fingerlakes.net/trailsystem/ ) with other tails to make the North Country National Scenic Trail ( http://www.northcountrytail.org/ )  I've got no idea parts other than the Finger Lakes Trail are like, but that portion is very much complete, with only a relatively small number of road walks, and a half dozen or so people thru-hike it every year.

David Sacerdote