From: CMountainDave@aol.com [mailto:CMountainDave@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 9:23 PM
To: reynolds@ilan.com; CMountainDave@aol.com; ronm@fallingwater.com;
buzz@dimensional.com; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Marathons in the Wilderness

But Tom, somebody must have liked the way the way the 1964 wilderness act
was
crafted or it never would have been enacted. I think its exclusionary
provisions have far more popular support than you seem to think, including
marathoners on this list. I have no real beef with runners. To each his own,

but there is a time and place for everything. Look at how many people are
opposed on principle to drilling in an artic wilderness that 99.9% of them
will never see even though it would possibly save them money. On principle
alone! Remarkable!