[pct-l] Retro-hiking

Been there, done that.

In fact I'm still using some 1970's gear:  Camp 7 down bag purchased in
1973; A-16 pack frame (circa 1970) with special Camp Trails made bag
purchased a little bit later although I've since modified and eventually
replaced the entire waist belt and back band. A few other odds and ends,
I think.

Still have my original Svea 123 as well as my Svea 123R (?), the one
that has the nozzle cleaner built in. Haven't used for a while but both
will probably still fire up when I try.

Even back then the idea was a pack as light as practical although I
could never quite figure out how to do it.

John