[pct-l] h2o filters???

     I have been backpacking for 30-years and am one of those who don't
filter water.  I drink straight from high mountain streams if there is no
indication of civilization or domestic animals above.  I treat, with iodine,
water from lakes, streams which flow from lakes and low altitude streams.  I
use a bottle of Polar Pure iodine crystals which I have had for several
years.
     Each year, I look at and evaluate filters but, so far, have decided
against using them.
                                               Farley