[pct-l] Hiker fanatics

CMountainDave,

Timothy McVeigh was a gun owner who didn't like the government telling
him what to do or in any way to restrict his freedom. This ultimately led
him to blow up the Federal Building in Oklahoma City. Should we feel
great anger against ALL gun owners of ALL
kinds, especially those who insist that we MUST share their beliefs (the
government can't tell me I have to use a bear container) or that we have
no right to enjoy the Sierras because we don't do it their way (stealth
camping?)? Or at that our through hike is worthless and doesn't count
because we didn't do it their way.

That would be about as senseless as the following inflammatory statement.

        Well, it has now come to light that religious fanactics are to
blame for this
        tragedy. Right now I fel great anger against ALL fundamentalists
of ALL
        religions who insist that we MUST share their beliefs or that we
lead
        worthless lives that simply don't count.
CMountainDave@aol.com
According to Webster's, a fundamentalist is one who 1) believes the Bible
is a verbally accurate recording of the word of God, or 2)one who adheres
to traditional beliefs of any kind. Wow!! Sounds like a real dangerous
group!!
ALL Arabs aren't religious fanatics or terrorists.
ALL Muslims aren't religious fanatics or terrorists.
ALL fundamentalists aren't religious fanatics or terrorists.
Now ALL hikers, that sounds like a pretty dangerous group to me!
Especially if they ALL feel like CMountainDave. I wonder what they are
going to do with all that anger? Attack a school bus filled with children
going to a Muslim school? Attack a school bus filled with children going
to Sunday School? Stop and think!
Vic Hanson

multipart/alternative
  text/html