From: Christine Kudija [mailto:cmkudija@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 11:19 AM
To: Reynolds, WT; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Trip Report: Tuolumne Meadows to Kennedy Meadows
[HWY 108]

Hey, Tom, let us know what YNP says (if anything) about the trashed
maintenance camp.    I'd particularly like to know why it was left in the
condition you describe -"a bear had trashed a major campsite tossing garbage
all over. The campsite was a NPS work party site that had been abandoned.
There were a dozen coolers and a zillion burlap bags of trash but nary a
bear canister or box in site."

Seems that they forgot to bring Mom along to clean up after them...

Christine