[pct-l] weather extremes

In a message dated 9/8/01 9:50:57 PM, jjolson@uwyo.edu writes:

<< Laramie, WY, where we had our first 2" of snow Friday night.  The last
spring
snow was June 15.  We didn't even get a full three months of snowless
summer...

I do miss those weather extremes found in the Rocky Mountain states. There
was 4 inches of snow in Denver on Sept 3, 1961, my first day of high school.
It snowed for 60 hours straight and 18 inches fell in mid Sept 1971, and to
top them all off, it was 92 degrees (so hot you had to keep your back from
touching the car seat when you first got in) on or about 3 p.m. Sept 13 1992
and snowing by daybreak the next day. The high Sept 14 was 32 (a drop of 60
degrees) with 3 inches of snow on the ground. But hey, Denver is tropical
compared to Laramie! It's been 75 degrees on Dec. 23, my birthday and -25 too
( but not on the same day)