[pct-l] PCT Roving Party Animals!

In a message dated 9/2/01 5:00:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Slyatpct@aol.com
writes:

<< the good guys were from the PCT and hadn't hiked the AT and the bad
 apples, former AT hikers.  Is this true or is it the times?  What ever the
 answer, it doesn't bode well for future hikers on either trail. >>

I certainly agree with you that this kind of behavior bodes unwell for future
hikers.  But it isn't "the times".  It is the individual hiker, whether AT or
PCT, at least those very few who cannot show a bit of respect for a helping
hand when it is offered.  I will never understand what satisfaction anyone
has in ruining another hiker's grand experience (much less their own.)

A Trail Angel's payment is the thanks he gets, and the feeling that he has,
in some way, helped us accomplish our goal.  If we have come to "the time"
when it is socially acceptable to be an ass, then I only hope that this time
will pass quickly before these people succeed in ruining the experience for
everyone who walks our trails.