[pct-l] Cabela's Rockets

Carl - Did you read my post correctly? You say I offered no alternative? I
believe that I did but you seem to have missed it so I'll spell it out one
more time; M-A-K-E  T-H-E  B-E-A-R-S  A-F-R-A-I-D  O-F  H-U-M-A-N-S !-!-! I
just want a live and let live balance. I promise to leave the critters alone
when they graciously allow me to visit their home. No way in hell do I want
to harm them. Can't I just have a little mutual respect in return? It's no
more natural for bears to come into my camp for ANY reason than for me to go
browse blueberries 10 feet away from them. I really, really believe that
fearing man is most definitely in the bears best interest if for no other
reason than to flee hunters. Take the cougar for instance. They are obviously
smarter than bears because they, for the most part, wisely want nothing to do
with mankind. One of them coming into camp or even being seen is a rare event
indeed. And I bet it's because they rightly fear us. I believe the jury is
still out on bear canister effectiveness. I see it becoming a non
enforceable, unworkable, regulatory Murphy's law headache for everybody (see
Joanne's post). Bears used to getting human food may become more aggressive
when they can no longer get their"fix". As long as food has odor and bears
have noses, they will come into our camps until somebody puts their foot down
and says paws outta here and puts some claws into it. I don't fear bears - I
just fear for them and want them to fear us so that they won't suffer the
consequenses of not fearing us
 Tom - I agree that vigilantism ain't the answer. It would just lead to more
dead bear cubs
Gina - I agree 100% with your quota points