[pct-l] glacier peak

Just talked to the trail maintenance person at the Darrington Ranger
District that covers the area that you mentioned (Yes, she called me on
Sunday!!!!)

there is still snow on Fire Creek Pass.  I found this dicey, even with a
iceax and experience using it.  The snow field is flattish on top, but
becomes very steep and it has NO runout (it was icey, if you slip, there
are major rocks that you will hit at the bottom).

The trail up and out of Milk creek has not been brushed this year ( you
will be going thru brush over your head that is likely to be wet - It was
the deepest brush of the whole trail in 99). There is a bole crater, and a
number of large rocks on the trail that you will need to go around.  not a
lot of places to camp at Mica Lake, or Milk Creek, or the steep switchbacks
above Milk Creek,  there are some places in the creek bottoms before
reaching fire Creek Pass.

 the trail south of these areas is nice, open and alpine, a ridge walk (Red
and white Pass). Popular area, baring rain.  You could do a leisurely trip
from Kenedy Hot Springs South to Stevens Pass for about 4 days.  Mind your
water sources in the North part, they will determine your sequence of days.

Really depends on what you are looking for

Goforth