[pct-l] List Content

I was over at friend of mine this afternoon enjoying a warm southern
Californian afternoon and cold beer.  We guestimated that about 70 to 90% of
the participants to this list will not likely have a chance to thruhike the
PCT.  Of those, we guestimated (might as well, once we got started, going on
was easy!) more than half wont ever be able to afford either the time, money
or opportunity to hike more than one month continuously on the PCT ever in
their life.

Then, making the bold assumption that these guestimates are somewhat correct
(I know, this is bold, arrogant and grossly assuming), it can be surmised
that the focus on long distance hiking strategies are not what most of us are
solely concerned with.

It could also explain why flames are so easily generated.  The frustration of
hearing about so many doing what most of us only dream about can get to you
as you are sitting pounding away at the keyboard and not out there.

Just some musings on a hot evening, from an aging hiker, longing to be out
there.

The good news is:  there is still time!  I checked.  I went down to the
cemetary yesterday and looked at all of the headstones and you know what?
Not one had my name on it yet!  Yippee!

Greg "Strider" Hummel - packing my old Kelty in preparation

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---