[pct-l] So. Calif. PCT Backpacking

I'm thinking about doing a 5-7 day backpack trip on the Pacific Crest
Trail the second week in August and was wondering if anyone is interested
in joining me or has any advice as to the best section, how to handle
water, permits (if needed) and transportation (between starting and
ending points). I would like to stay in the Southern Californian section
as I get back from Mt. Whitney on Aug. 5th.

I would like to do about 20-25 miles a day but not sure how that will
work out in reality. I do a lot of day hikes (and mountain biking and
running) so am in good condition but haven't done any multi day
backpacking of this distance or speed.

Vic Hanson

PS  I'm new to this list, thanks for any help you can give. I'm also a
member of Southern California Adventure Racing Buddies (SCARAB).
If any of you are interested in adventure racing or any of the sports
involved (besides trekking - mtn. biking, kayaking, trail running,
climbing, rappelling, orienteering, etc.), please check out the web
site. We also have an interactive email list for information, activities,
workout buddies, etc.

SCARAB: Southern California Adventure Racing Buddies
The largest adventure racing club in the world (832 members
as of today).
http://www.arbuddies.com