[pct-l] Re: newbie to west coast hiking

April of 2000???? Plan on snowshoes even if you have a time machine!

-----Original Message-----
From: Brick Robbins [mailto:brick@fastpack.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 5:20 PM
To: pwsomers@altavista.com; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Re: newbie to west coast hiking

At 05:03 PM 7/17/01, you wrote:
>I am a newbie to west coast hiking - I want to hike for 4-5 d in April of
>2000 in the Sierras...any suggestions?  Thanks.

How far will you hike in 4-5 days? For Tom Reynolds that would be 10-15
miles. For me that would be 120-150 miles.....

What part of the Sierra?
Do you want to bag peaks?
Fish?
Do you want to hike in the Western Foothills or up the Eastern Escarpment?

Where are you located?
Might as well point you at someplace closer to home

--
Brick Robbins                       mailto:brick@fastpack.com