[pct-l] More Ursack Ultra info ...

I just bought two Ursack Majors, single ply, large.  I will be testing them
out in THE most wicked bear infested and terrorized part of the high country
early next month, INYO approval or not.

They appear better constructed than the description of earlier models.  The
main seams are welded and double sewn.

I'm also thinking of trying the submerging method at the same time, just for
fun.  We also did this in a simplistic way two years ago with some
perishables in double ziplock bags.  We submerged them under a rock in a very
shallow stream next to our campsite.  We hung the rest of our food while we
climbed.  We encountered signs of bear activity in the area and half expected
our submerged food to be taken while we were away for the day.  We had no
problems whatsoever, though, and therefore can't really say whether:
1) The bears couldn't get to or find our food due to our strategies
2) The bears had just woke up and didn't quite have it together yet
3) The wind dispersed all traces of food smell so widely as to eliminate the
ability of the bears to find the source, or,
4) We got lucky

I'm on a life long empirical test of bear - food strategies.  I'll let you
know the results just before I check out.

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel