[pct-l] Northern Washington Fires

Last year in August we had a big fire in the mountains of Idaho.

 I was hiking for 2 weeks in the Sawtooth Wilderness area, and
 we had ash blowing our direction and on us. Some areas were closed.  When
checking
in with the Rangers, I could not use my "Esbit stove and tablets", but was
allowed to use a canister Gaz stove. That did not make much sense to me, but
that is what we did.

I am slated to hike in the North Cascades the first week in Aug..
Also, want Brian Robinson to have a chance to finish his PCT hike,
understand he is close to
Snoqualmie Pass right now . So lets hope this fire burns itself out and does
not get any closer.

Cheers,
Marge(the old gal)