[pct-l] slow hiking

Reynolds' Hiking Rules

1.	Anyone without the intelligence to carry a camp chair cannot be
trusted to take care of oneself outside of civilization.
2.	The intelligent use of an Ice Axe is an oxymoron.
3.	It one is truly determined to walk from Mexico to Canada at the rate
of 30 miles per day, one ought to choose I-5 as his route. Resupply will be
much easier and town stops more interesting. Besides, why waste the scenery.
4.	Anyone who still uses 70's era backpacking gear is not yet old
enough to know better.
5.	Note to alcohol stove users: Why fool around? Simply carry pictures
of your favorite food and learn to meditate.
6.	Sleeping with one's food acting as a pillow is natural selection at
its finest.
7.	The relative intelligence of humans to other animals can be readily
judged once one recognizes that humans are the only animals known to "bag
peaks".

Thought for the day: I once met a man and a woman camped at Turner Meadows,
4 miles from the trailhead. They had their family with them. Seven children,
one in diapers. Attempting the Triple Crown in a single year may be either
courageous or stupid depending on one's point of view, yet it pales in
comparison.

Tom