[pct-l] After the PCT

I would have to say it was hard getting back into
society after I hiked the PCT last year.  It may be
different for others, but when you come bakc to Orange
County, CA it is hard.  Traffic, people, smog, media
advertisements, and on and on.  I didn't leave my
apartment for days, wouldn't drive on the roads, and
didn't take showers.  I just sat on my couch reading
and remembering how much I enjoyed my time on the
trail.  The trail was real, OC wasn't.  But things
changed, first my wife made it clear to me that I
needed to get out and do something. 2nd I began to
take my views and enrich others with them, through
newspaper articles and slide shows.  3rd I began to
enjoy life even in OC.  Today, 9 months later, I am
happy to have gone through those times.  They have
made me who I am today.

Hike on

Tony "Trail Mix"
PCT 2000