[pct-l] Linda Exposed NOT!

Having a little spare time today to play around, I decided to
investigate (a little) R. J. Calliger's "expose" of Linda, the recipe
poster, and her recipe for Tamale Boats. BTY, IANAL.

I tried all three URL's that RJ posted, the first and third took me to
the same recipe on the  camping.about.com  web site. The second URL was
invalid.

I tried a search on Yahoo for "tamale boats" and I got 4 hits.  Two were
the same as the first and third that Rich posted. Another was to a page
where the author was complaining about service in a fast food joint and
someone else ordering a lot of tamale boats. The fourth was to the Black
Diamond Brewing Company's (located in Walnut Creek, CA) web site listing
chicken tamale boats as a menu item; this was the *correct* version of
the second URL that RJ said had been disconnected for copyright
infringement;  there was no indication that this site had ever been
closed for any copyright infringement.

It seems tamale boats are a rather wide spread if not well know dish. I
didn't find any reference to the origins of the dish. Thus it seems to
me, that the basic recipe and dish is an old one and not copyrighted or
else in the public domain. RJ's intact copying of the original recipe
from the camping site is likely a copyright infringement of whatever
rights the camping site has. Linda's recipe may be derived from the one
on the camping site, maybe not. However at least hers is not an exact
copy and may be considered a derivative work with her (or the real
author) having some copyrights to that recipe.

Thus at most, the 'evidence' RJ gave slightly suggests a source from
which Linda might have copied; there is more likelihood that Linda is
simply giving her version of a basic recipe which is NOT copyrighted.
Also RJ has obviously infringed whatever copyrights the camping site has
to the recipe he copied.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---