[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[pct-l] 'old' items and PCT Guide
My first backpack was a homemade job. It was a wooden dowel external frame
with a canvas bag strapped to the frame. Late 60's - early 70's era. My
older brothers made them in the Scouts. I sure wish that I still had one.
Greg "Strider" Hummel
P.S. As attendees of the ADZ saw, I have, in good shape, most of my original
gear from 1977, including:
- Kelty Tioga with original shoulder straps and waist belt.
- TNF Bigfoot polarguard sleeping bag
- Custom machined, aluminum, dual burner, dual controls, cartridge stove (I
even have 3 of the original cartridges still)
- Snow Lion Down Jacket
- Wood handled ice axe
- Sierra Designs Starflight Tent
- I also have 3 cans of the original Snow Seal (yes, that doesn't work!
That's why I still have it!)
I still use the pack, sleeping bag, tent and ice axe.