[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[pct-l] Updated Water Report Wrightwood to Agua Dulce
- Subject: [pct-l] Updated Water Report Wrightwood to Agua Dulce
- From: Donna Saufley" <email@example.com (Donna Saufley)
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:52:53 -0700
Here's an updated water report, dated 6/16/01, for Wrightwood to Agua =
Dulce, for those who are still headed north and sticking to the PCT. =
Same list also sent to PCTA for their site. =20
* First camp outside of Wrightwood, Duffy Camp, has water.
* Cooper Campground has water in campground.
* Little Rock Creek is flowing and has water.
* Little Jimmy Creek has water.
* Lily Springs has water.
* You also cross Lily Springs at a grotto after the Islip Saddle on
* There is piped water at the Grassy Hollow Visitors Center.
* Three Points: No water at the campground.
* Sulphur Springs: There is small stagnant pool (unappealing).
* Rock Creek: no water.
* Pacifico: one small stream (don't know how long it will hold out.
* Mill Creek station: Piped water. Resident ranger has been helping
hikers this year.
* Big Buck Camp: the "new" campground doesn't have any water, but
the "old" campground (the marked on the guide map) does have a creek
running. It's the campground after you pass the road down a ravine.
* Messenger Flat: Has piped water.
* North Fork station: Water, showers, and a wonder camp host, Todd.
* Soledad Canyon: water at RV park(s). I personally recommend the
* Fiesta Cypress RV park, north of where the trail crosses the road.
* Escondido Canyon: no water.
--- StripMime Report -- processed MIME parts ---
text/plain (text body -- kept)