[pct-l] Help with Packing

I'm don't have the lightest backpack and need some suggestions on packing my internal frame pack.

I carry a bear canister which I plunk in the middle of my pack.  I then divide my tent between tent and rainfly in two separate bags and smoosh it down with the poles next to the bear canister.

Then comes my down jacket and rain jacket which can't quite smoosh to the level of the bear canister.  One I have to put on top of the bear canister.  I don't have that much more to put in - food mainly.  But I feel I could be doing this better.  I put the sleeping bag in the bottom compartment, and the sleeping pad on the outside.

Any suggestions?  Thanks for your help,

Lynn