[pct-l] two issues

Hey Troops,

Hope everyone is enjoying Spring having sprung!

Two issues: here in Sections O, P and Q (and about the same in at least
So. OR) we are having the driest year since 1922 (per the USFS). It
promises to be as terrible a fire season as ever. So, even though the
hikers of the PCT are some of the finest hikers who respect the land the
most, I still want to remind everyone that this is the year to practice
as much care and safety with stove/fire as possible.

Second issue: I too do what most all backpackers would call 'low
mileage'. Why? I have two conditions, one physical and one emotional,
that make anything much more than 10 miles/day, a major challenge that
takes a toll on me.  I just came off a trip w/a new partner and we did
very low mileage. It was the best trip I've ever had (for misc. reasons
but), mainly due to it being agreed we simply do not WANT to do more
than what we did.  I have total respect and admiration for thru hikers.
In another life time, I would have wanted to do the same, but, not this
time around. In ref. to mileage, I don't think there is anything more
applicable, than 'hike your own hike', i.e., make it the experience you
want it to be.

May all of us have the most enjoyable, learning and safe hiking season
ever!!   :)

JoAnn