Fwd: [pct-l] San Gabriel Mtns

Greg, from Palmdale I can see that north-facing slopes have snow to
below 7000; the entire north side of Baldy (that I can see from here)
is still solid WHITE.  It's gradient amounts of white-ness in
between. My guess is that if one were to attempt to climb Mt
Baden-Powell on the PCT today, one would be in snow almost the entire
hike up from Vincent Gap. My guess is that significant depth
beginning at 8000 would still await anyone who would try it today
Today the CALTRANS hotline said that the ACH is still closed between
Inspiration Point and Islip Saddle.

Kevin Corcoran