[pct-l] san jacinto conditions from Sunday

broke trail up the south ridge trail from Idylwild=20
in 3 inches of fresh, sugary sweet snow from
this weekend's ice storm.  As we made our way
up the ridge through waves of westerly butterflys,
the main objective of the day was to avoid the=20
frequent ice bombs (sometimes as big as the=20
midsection of a snowman) falling from the flocked
pines.  I'm GLAD I wasn't up there in the storm.
lots of icecicles as well.  Good news:  reached
the fire lookout atop Taqhuitz Peak (9000 ft)
And the new snow was about it save a bit of driftage
left over. - melting fast !  Returned down along
a half melted and slushy trail.  Waiting for the
digital photos from my cameraman (must have passed
out upon returning home instead of sending photos
as promised) so ya'll can see for yourselves.

Steve

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---