[pct-l] TWO different photon lights.

At 01:15 AM 4/14/01, Saskia wrote:
>About the photon light:

There are TWO different photon lights.
*****The Photo I has a "squeeze only" switch, and a permanent battery (I wouldn't want this one for the trail).
*****The Photo II has an additional slide switch, so you don't have to squeeze all the time, and with care and a very small screwdriver you can change the batteries. The Photon II costs about 5 bucks more.

Soon there will be a Photon 3 that allows you to select different intensities of light, and has a strobe option. http://www.photonlight.com/products/new_products.html

http://www.photonlight.com/ says the white will last 12-14 hours.

Having used these lights, I'd be VERY interested in the "covert" option offered on the photon I if it were offered on the photon II also. I found the peripheral light from the LED to be very annoying.

I tied a long strip of yellow ripstop to both my micro knife and my Photon, just so I wouldn't loose the damn things. It came in handy several times.
--
Brick Robbins

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go
- T.S. Eliot