[pct-l] Detour north of Belden

In a message dated 4/13/01 3:53:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, jhhorak@fone.net
writes:

> Does anyone have recent experience of the actual PCT north of Belden, as
> opposed to the detour route, which everyone describes as steep and hot?
> Wondering how hard it is to get around the washed out areas, and how
> extensive they are, at least at this point.  And is the trail going to be
> repaired in there any time soon?

If the PCT is marked CLOSED and the other trail (Indian Creek, I believe)
marked as a detour, I'd say take the detour. It's marked that way for a
reason.

When it is repaired, they will open the PCT and there will no longer be a
detour posted.

Do you plan to postpone your trip if someone tells you the PCT will be
repaired in 2005? Of course not.  Go with the flow!

Charlie

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---