[pct-l] sleeping quilt & Therm-a-RestŪ

Backpacking season is approaching and I'm working on getting my pack
weight lower. Got to thinking about my sleeping system -- a down
sleeping bag and a Therm-a-RestŪ or Z-Rest(TM) pad. OK, I admit it, I am
an old softy, got to have some of my comforts. Anyway, I was thinking of
making a sleeping quilt top a little wider than my pad for a top and
then attach a light fabric bottom to fit over my pad and straps or
another piece of fabric to go under the pad. So I'd have basically a
sleeping bag with an insulated top and un-insulated bottom with the pad
held to the bottom of the "bag" to provide insulation. My questions are
(1) does anyone have experience with such a setup; and (2) does anyone
know if such a setup is commercially available?

TIA

John

multipart/alternative
  text/html