[pct-l] immigrant rescues

>What plants beside poison oak,
cactus, yucca and agave are a no no for use as natural toilet paper? <

Oh, let's see....most species of Ceanothus, scrub oak (Quercus (was "dumosa"
now a different species name...), canyon oak (Quercus chrysolepis), coast
live oak (Quercus agrifolia), relatives of "poison oak" (a.k.a.
Toxicodendron diversilobum - not an "oak" at all) like "squaw bush" (Rhus
trilobata); another former Rhus whose common name escapes me now (Malosma
laurina)...  Bored yet?  Point is - our southwestern chaparral vegetation is
simply genetically programmed against being used as T.P. - it's hard, spiny,
prickly, has irritating or toxic oils, waxy surface, etc., etc....

But you'll probably figure it out at some point....right now there's still
lots of snow in the Lagunas, I hear!
<VBG>

Christine (once upon a time a botany grad)