[pct-l] menstrual cups vs tampons

Males (and Marge!!): this is not for you but if you're not squeamish, read
on...and stop gloating.
Call me squeamish, but after visiting the site (thanks, Brick) I became even
more convinced that the trusty ol' tampon is the way to go for us
pre-menopausal female hikers.  They stay clean until you use 'em, no worries
about mess, and if you're carrying out your used t.p. the way you should be
(and, btw, where are all the leave-no-trace-ers this year?) a few wrapped
used tampons in a ziploc really shouldn't be a problem.  On a thru hike or
even a long section hike, hygiene is compromised - especially in the dry
sections <G> and something like the "cup" would be, um, icky to deal with.
Also, speaking of the leave-no-trace stuff - you'd have to dig a cat-hole to
dispose of the -er - fluids.  Then clean it somehow... I dunno.  Me, I'm
looking forward to getting this menstruation thing over with...

I must be nuts to post this.

Christine

P.S.: I'd recommend the nifty paperback "How to Shit in the Woods" for a few
giggles & worthy information.