[pct-l] Old Station

In a message dated 4/4/2001 3:37:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CMountainDave@aol.com writes:

> The daughters of the store owner stashed water for us on Hat Creek Rim in
> 99,
> second only to S. Cal for being a waterless area. The water stash saved
> carrying a lot of extra weight.

I was going to mention that and posted the same info a year ago for 2000
hikers, but apparently they didn't do that last year.  I'm not sure why,
perhaps they have different owners or the daughters weren't working there
anymore.  Whatever, I don't think it was for a lack appreciation, the notes
left were very thoughtful as was the gesture.

A good place to camp is near the junction with trail and Road 22 where the
stashes were.  Watching the hang gliders was very cool...........

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---