[pct-l] illegals, legals and water

At 05:20 PM 3/29/01 , Margo Cruse wrote:
>I don't know if I could turn down someone that needed water so I think for
>the start of PCT Thru hike I am doing I will try to carry some extra
>(Maybe half
>a liter ) just in case someone needs it. That means anyone.

That will work well when you meet a string of 10 thirsty
illegals.............. That's about 2 oz each.

BTW, the Coyote (smuggler)  is sure to have plenty of fluids and food in
HIS backpack. Wonder why he isn't sharing it with his "customers..."

You will also enjoy the large quantity of discarded bottles of water and
Pedialite (smart Coyote's) along the trail south of Hauser canyon. With all
the labels marked "Hecho en Mexico."

There are times when being a good Samaritan just won't work........

Probably more satisfying to bring a large trash bag and pick up litter.
(I've done it - as has my running club while preparing for a race on the
PCT. We once picked up about 6 LARGE bags full in February.).

-Brick
--
Brick Robbins

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go
- T.S. Eliot