Pete had this to say:

Date:   3/26/101  8:23 AM

RE:     PCT Alert - Angeles NF

PCT Alert -

It is becoming apparent  following recent snow storms that there are many
trees and limbs down blocking the PCT in Angeles NF.  The ones we now know
about are in Section E (Lake Hughes Road to Pine Canyon Road Maps E 6 - 9).
 This section is impassable to stock.   The trail is also blocked  by 2
downed trees a mile or so west of Mill Creek Summit. Sec D map D-10.  Snow
still covers  much of the San Gabriels and is expected to linger for some
time on northern exposures.  We suspect a lot of downed trees/limbs
throughout this area from upper Lytle Ridge/Blue Ridge area west..  It will
take time to clear all that we are aware of now and we won't really know
what the rest of the trail looks like for some time.