[pct-l] snow report for San Bernadinos

We read a motorcycle snow report=20
moments ago, now here's a snow report=20
from the PCT thru the San Bernadinos
from yesterday:  impassable !!!!=20
Hiked up the Devil's Slide Trail from=20
Idylwild to the PCT in the snow.  There
was 4 feet of solid snow from trail junction
all the way up the PCT towards San Jacinto Peak=20
until we completely lost it (the footprints).
An afternoon of postholing.  It's especially=20
fun when there is a rock for your knee to come=20
in contact with !  remember:  take your trail gaiters !

It was absolutely stunningly beautiful though ! =20
one of my top ten day hikes ever.  Taquitz Peak=20
is friggin' phenomenal. I thought I was in Kings Canyon.
and even though the whole coast was fogged in,
the mountains were awash in glorious sunshine.

Steve "snow hikin'" Courtway

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---