[pct-l] tent vs tarp

While hiking the trail I used nothing in the desert, a
tent through the Sierra's to Crater Lake and then a
tarp for WA.  Out of all of them I like sleeping under
the stars, but for wet weather like we had in WA my
tarp was great.  There were a number of nights when
the wind was howling and the rain was coming down and
I stayed dry.  Tarps are light and are versital.  You
probable want to get a mosquito netting so those guys
don't eat you to death.

Tony "Trail Mix"