[pct-l] BIGGG FYI!!!!

>Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 11:40:46 -0800
>From: Valerie <latte94@foothill.net>
>To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
>Subject: [pct-l] BIGGG FYI!!!!
>
>I just received a phone call from the manager of the Century 21 in Agua
>Dulce. She has informed me that they decided to help the PCT hikers this
>year by accepting the re-supply and holding them! She was not quite sure
>on how to do this, thus resulting in the phone call to me. I sent her
>interactions on what needs to be put on the re-supply boxes. They have
>moved so the new address is as follows:
>
>c/o Century 21
>33302 Agua Dulce Canyon Rd.
>Agua Dulce, CA 91350
>
>They are open 7 days a week from 9:00 to 5:00
>
>I have left a message with her to find out if they prefer UPS or USPS. I
>will post that the minute I find out.
>
>Please be sure to put "Holding for PCT Hiker (your name goes here). And
>have some sort of identification to pick it up. I also TRIED to give her
>directions from the trail to their location (which is actually only two
>blocks from the old Century 21!) (anyone want to send me there
>directions so I can check and make sure I gave her the right directions,
>that would be most appreciated) And advised her that she should put a
>flyer of some kind where the general store/post office use to be with
>directions to where they are located. If anyone needs any other
>information regarding this re-supply location please e-mail me. I am
>trying to lower her amount of calls coming into her office so that she
>does not get nervous and bail out at the last minute! Thanks for all of
>your cooperation.
>
>Valerie Conner
>The Box Drop
>latte94@foothill.net

Thanks for setting this up, Valerie!  Please tell the manager of the C-21
how much everyone in the hiking community appreciates her support and
assistance.  Could you also find out how long she'll hold packages and
whether there are any other restrictions she'd like hikers to observe?  (In
particular, will there be a fee for this service?)  Thanks again!!