[pct-l] Tarp vs Tent

 I really like tarps over tents on the PCT. I would though get some netting
to keep bugs at bay. Walrus makes a Treker tarp with a big zippered net
shelter that fits inside their tarp for dirt cheap in Campmor catalog. ( It
has a floor which will keep ants out of your bag as well as spiders.) If I
were to hike this year, I would opt. for a Walrus Zoid 1.5 for the desert,
then trade it out for a tarp Past KM.    I had a few thru-hikers over last
night to make alcohol stoves!! ( Stephenie Barbee and Jeremy Wilson who did
the trail in 1999 and 1997) Had a good time standing in the back yard in the
rain watching water boil! ( YaHoo!!!!)  I may put on a little cook out /camp
out later this fall at the house for old PCT thru-hikers to get together and
trade war-stories. I'll keep the list updated. See you all next month.