[pct-l] Snow on San Jacinto/San Gorgonio

Howdy listers,
My eyeball estimate says the Desert Divide is fully covered by snow
probably from between 6,000 to 7,000' and up.  San Gorgonio appears to
have a heavy snow cover.  We just had 1 1/2 weeks of storms.  But skies
are clear and temps in the low desert are up in the 80's again so the
snow will be melting off quickly.  I called the Palm Springs Aerial
Tramway at (760)325-1391 and they have a daily weather update along with
snow report.  Today's weather - clear skies with a 32* temp.  Snow pack
in Long Valley (about 8600') is 2' with 4'-6' on the upper mountain.
Expect San Gorgonio to have more snow.
        Jeff Jones