[pct-l] (Guest Post) PCT Total Vertical Gain?

At 08:01 PM 3/12/01 , Ginny & Jim Owen wrote:
>My handy, dandy little wrist chronometer/altimeter has a logging function that I used to record daily total elevation gain.  And while I don't know the total for the PCT (I quit keeping the numbers somewhere in Washington), I can tell you that 318,563 feet won't get you through California. That may be the "book" value, but it's not even close to the total elevation gain.

Jim:

After we met in Wrightwood, I posted your numbers to the list, and basically got blown out of the water by several listers. Since I was not privy to the methods used to collect the data, I made no defense.

Could you please re post your  elevation numbers, since you have the first hand knowledge to validate your measurements.

Thanks
-Brick