[pct-l] (Guest Post) PCT Total Vertical Gain?

Ken & Marcia Powers wrote:

>318,563 feet is the figure at the bottom of the trip planner.
>Marcia

Marcia -
My handy, dandy little wrist chronometer/altimeter has a logging function
that I used to record daily total elevation gain.  And while I don't know
the total for the PCT (I quit keeping the numbers somewhere in Washington),
I can tell you that 318,563 feet won't get you through California. That may
be the "book" value, but it's not even close to the total elevation gain.

Walk softly,
Jim