[pct-l] TM-20

I would have to agree with Jeff.  I hiked with Jeff
for some 1800 miles this past year and when he got
that device it was a match made in heaven.  We would
be in a town and Jeff would be e-mailing a number of
times before we left town.  This was great though.  We
did stay intouch with so many hikers.

I also used a TM-20 for the trip.  I did all of my
journals on it as I hiked.  At every town I would send
the messages to my wife and then she archieved them
for me.  Better that dealing with paper and wondering
where a journal entry went.

Another time on the trail when Jeff was happy to see a
phone as well as myself, Carson Pass.  There is a huge
parking lot and lo and behold a phone for us to use.

We were also able to stay in contact after we split
up.  All in all I would say it is worth the 8 oz that
it is.  I still use mine for an address book here at
home.

Tony "Trail Mix"