[pct-l] Seeking Advice on PCT footwear

>From: ROYROBIN@aol.com
>Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 19:29:15 EST
>
><< I'm a 6'1" female and take a women's 13 5A shoe. >>
>
>Mara --  I'm surprised you can find any shoes at all to wear.  I wear men's
>13 or 14 in B width, and thought I had problems!

I can't.  I wore my custom Limmers (can you say HEAVY?) from Amicalola to
Pearisburg and then from Glencliff to Katahdin.  Basically, where there were
definitely going to be very long and steep descents.  Between Pearisburg and
Glencliff, I wore a pair of mid-weight Asolos which fit well enough for the
ascents and flats.  On the downhills, I was just careful to take breaks if
they were particularly rough on my toes.  I never lost or even bruised a
toenail on my trip so I guess that combo worked for me.

Still trying to figure out if I should plan on the Limmers for the PCT or
are the descents shallow enough (I know they're long) that my toes will be
OK in a pair of boots that really aren't narrow enough and won't hold my
heels back.

Decisions...  decisions...

Mara