[pct-l] Notes of Encouragement

Greetings listers and 2001 hikers,
    I feel like making the little "go get them team"
speech right now, as my predecessors did I in the
months of March and April.  However, I'll save it for
when I really need to.
    This is a letter of request, sent out to whomever
would be caring to help, and will be walking the
trail.  I hiked last year, and had the most incredible
time dropping notes of encouragement along the trail.
While I did feel  awful for "littering,"  the notes,
written by sixth-grade students a world away from the
trail did much good to those who said they needed it.
When suffering in a  long days heat, or while climbing
a brutal mountain, these little "go get 'em" notes
really helped.
    This year, on the other side of the fence and not
able to start with you all, I would like to be the
coordinator of a PCT project in my classroom.  I am
looking for a positive, witty, motivated, and
educational minded hiker who would be willing to
correspond with my sixth-grade class.  We would track
you, encourage you, and possibly even send some notes
of encouragement for you to spread during those
crucial first few hundred miles.
     As an educational experience, I am not sure if
the PCT can be topped.  We can analyze the
geographical, social, physical education and
mathematical wonders the trail provides, while
boosting our literacy skills with the correspondance.
Bring it on please!