[pct-l] PCT Buy and Mail Resupply

> >From the time I got off the bus in San Diego to the time I got to Manning
> Park, total expenses was $1,300 dollars, which was the cheapest long
> distance hike I have ever done (50 cents a mile - pre-hike gear bought is
> seperate). This included all food eaten, all postage, replacement gear (new

I have a question re: food. I've read the posts from other's here as
well as the excellent info on the PCT site about buy as you go. It's
become clear to me during these last 2 months of preparing food that
my menu is pretty slim (3-4 dinners and 3 breakfasts) and I'm sure I'll
tire of it quickly. So I've decided that I will most likely adopt the
buy as you go method a month or so into my hike.

Can someone who's done this maybe comment on some of the meals you were
able to buy along the trail? If a grocery store is well packed, then
you have a good selection. OTOH, if you're behind a lot of hikers then
you may wind up with little to choose from. Also, the dinners I'm
preparing are for a single pot with boil-only (alcohol stove). If I
need to re-think this (for simmering) and bring along my Snow Peak then
I'd like to know beforhand.

Here's what I'd like to know:

1.) What types of meals were you able to concoct with a "well stocked" store?
2.) What type of meals were you able to concoct with a "poorly stocked" store?
3.) What was your base pack weight?
4.) What was your average pack weight with 4-5 days of store bought food?

Any other insight would be great for those of us considering this option.

Jim