[pct-l] MiniDisc players on the trail

One of my luxury items (sounds like Survivor) will be a walkman or radio. I
have an MP3 player and was planning on bringing that but the memory is
so darn expensive and 5 months with the same 3 hours of music could get
boring. So I'm looking at minidisc players as there are some really light ones
these days (the one I'm looking at weighs 3oz with battery!). I figure I
could bring
a few extra minidiscs along and pack some in my re-supply boxes.

So my question is, has anyone brought a minidisc player (or even CD player!)
along their hike (or hiked with one in general)? If so, how did it perform.
I'm
especially concerned about it skipping from the repetitive motion of my
body/pack.

Jim