[pct-l] Relocation in Section C - San Bernardino Natl Forest

CitrusHicker@aol.com wrote:

> While undergoing the ultra-exciting task of updating my guidebook (intense
> sarcasm) I see where the revisions indicate a 25.0 alternate route between
> Crab Flats Road (3N16) and Mojave River Forks Reservoir dam due to the Willow
> Fire in 1999.
>
> Is this relocation still in effect?

THIS SECTION was re-opened last April 2000 due to the efforts of a PCTA volunteer
crew, aided by the Backcountry Horsemen, and a paid forest service crew.  I hiked
some of it a month ago and it is in very good shape.  You will hike through miles
of burned forest and chaparral, but the debris is off the trail (unless winter
storms brought some more stuff down.  We haven't had any real storms yet.)  I
live right on the edge of the Willow burn and a couple miles from this piece of
PCT so we were very anxious and pleased to help reopen it.
Marion Davison