[pct-l] bikes on the PCT

Greetings folks, time to really get things fired up around here.

Living in San Diego, and being a mountain biker as well as a=20
PCT hiker, I've found the 23.5 miles southbound from Barrel Spring
to Scissors Crossing a very exciting winter mountain bike ride,=20
unlike the hell most hikers report northbound in springtime.

Now, before y'all get real fired up, here's why:

1) this stretch of trail in on BLM public domain land - it says
so at the Barrel Springs trailhead, and the verbage in the sign
says you can do anything you want there. =20

2) I would not even consider riding on well used portions of the PCT,
due to the obvious reasons, but this section gets little use.

3) I take care not to thrash the trail, and havn't advertised the ride =
anyone.

4) I feel bikes, when ridden right, don't do any more damage than horses
to the trail.

4) I would be interested in specific prohibitive information about doing =
this,
(not just "there's no bikes allowed on the PCT!!!!!!!") if anyone has =
any. =20
I've been on the ethics fence on this one for awhile.  Is it not true =
use of trails can=20
be regulated in State / National Park land, but not BLM public domain =
land ?

Kind Regards,
Steve

multipart/alternative