[pct-l] feeding the bears

I don't know that it makes much difference what you have in your pack.  When
the bear got our food on the AT, it tasted everything in my food bag.  The
only thing it rejected, after a small bite out of each, was the coffee and
tea.

Besides, I can't imagine trying to to a long hike without anything sweet --
chocolate, granola bars, cereal, cookies -- the most calories in the
smallest package - they're a necessity for a long hike.
Ginny