[pct-l] hats and rain

  I'm looking for opinions / experience regarding hats on the trail.  In
planning to purchase a hat, I find myself debating between a hat for sun /
shade, and a waterproof rain hat.  It seems like the latter might be rather
warm in Cali.  Would it make sense to have a hat for shade in the southern
part of the trail, and trade for a rain hat when approaching WA?
  I am currently planning on taking a rain coat with no hood, and tend to lean
away from the umbrella solution.  Thanks for the thoughts,

hawk