[pct-l] A Hiker's Standards & The ADZPCTKO

Good post Tom.  Good thoughts to ponder before and as you go.

Regarding:
<<4. Will I carry all the water I need in dry segments, or rely on water
<<cached by trail angels (this one is a practical as well as an ethical
<<matter; last summer I relied on a water cache in the San Felipe Hills
<<and found it dry when I arrived)?

The water stashers for the San Felipe Hills area have repeatedly and
enthusiastically emphasizes that you SHOULD NOT RELY on the water stashes.
They are there for emergency and utilitarian purposes, ie., if it is there
AND you need it then it's okay to take some.  As they are in remote areas,
not easily monitored, the availability of water at one cannot be relied upon.
 DO NOT.

An announcement on the 3rd Annual Day Zero PCT Kick Off  (ADZPCTKO) gathering
 is in the works and will be posted to the list soon.  It is currently
scheduled for Saturday, April 28th at Lake Moreno County Park campground on
the PCT, about 22 miles north of the border.

Best regards,

Greg "Strider" Hummel